So instead of complaining about the construction on our apartment or the three inch blister on my foot from Friday that still renders me incapable of walking in heels or the fact that I'm definitely going to gain weight for Biggest Loser today (now you know the original post was going to be about...), I decided to list some of the things that I make me happy.
1) My wonderful, perfect hubby of seven months who loves me regardless of how crazy I am and spoils me to death (I forgot to mention that he bought me the Marc by Marc Jacobs sunglasses that I have literally wanted for four years this weekend)
Isn't he handsome?
2) My parents, who are always there to give me great advice, comfort me when I'm upset, and help me decide on the right thing to do. They, and my sweet brother, love Hubby like he was born into our family. My little brother thinks Hubby is the brother he never had (let's be honest, I wasn't the nicest older sister growing up)
3) My friends, especially my girlfriends; those who I have the pleasure of seeing every Wednesday and most weekends, those who I met through Hubby and have become close with, and those who I love enough to keep in touch with regardless of the fact that we are miles away from each other.
Classy bachelorette dinner photo
4) My job and the fact that I get to do what I love doing without it taking away from those things listed above.
5) The gorgeous, hot and sunny weather that has finally graced Southern California
6) The fact that I am lucky enough to belong to a gym that motivates me to work out and have an office full of coworkers who encourage me to live a healthy balanced lifestyle (even when I really don't feel like it)
7) I know this may sound silly, but from The Who to Kesha to Owl City, I appreciate all of the musicians out there that make the music that I enjoy. A good song or an awesome Pandora station can cheer me up when nothing else can.
8) This blog and the opportunity that it gives me to write down my thoughts, think about these things, and realize that I need to have a more positive attitude. I am also greatful for all of the other blogs that I read for their honesty and for the perspective that they give to me and the things I learn.
I know that this is only a partial list of many things and people that make me happy, but I am so thankful for all of them and every one that I did not list here. Pin It