My second (more time intensive) wine art project was to create three pieces of Wine Label Wall Art, made with a collage of wine labels. I had a blast making these over a year ago (which is why I don't have any of the actual *in progress* shots...lo siento) and the pieces now hang in our dining area.
Wine Label Wall Art
Wine bottles with pretty labels
Warm water bath
Flat razor blade
Heavy books (or other flat heavy objects)
Poster board (at least as large as your frame)
Glue stick (or your prefered form of adhesive)
1) Remove the labels from the bottle. Below is my method, but there are numerous other ones if you look online (check out redwinebuzz for more ideas)
Draw a warm water bath in your tub or sink. Add a quick squeeze of dish soap into the bath, so that there are just a few bubbles.
Some of the labels will simply fall off into the water. If they don't, you must remove them by slowly peeling them off of the bottle, or using the razor blade to gently scratch them off. You will probably lose some of the labels, depending on how sticky they are.
2) Once labels are removed, put them between two pieces of wax paper (they still may be sticky on the back) and press them between two books. Let them dry completely (I left mine overnight).
3) Cut the posterboard to match the size of the frame.
4) Lay out the dried wine labels on the posterboard in the pattern or collage that you would like. I used a pattern for my two smaller frames and a collage for my larger one. Be careful, because they may still be sticky.
Some may have drip marks on them...
don't worry it gives them character!
5) Glue the wine labels into place
6) Put the posterboard into the frame
Voila! A gorgeous piece of art, filled with memories!
Love the look but don't want to schlep through the process?
Wine label wall art is available to purchase in the My Happily Ever After shop
Along with many other fabulous upcycled wine home decor pieces! Pin It